Friday, December 11, 2015

Week 15 Famous Last Words



Christmas is my absolute favorite holiday and I can't wait for school to be finished so that I can fully devote myself to it! When I am not overwhelmed by school, work, and applying to graduate school, I do something special for every day of December. This year we haven't been able to do much except go to the Midwest City Christmas lights display and see Santa.  I am counting down the days until Thursday (my last final) and then it will be all Christmas 24/7 until St. Nick comes!

(Personal Photo of me at work)

Here are some of my favorite things to do!

We love to go to Chickasha to see the Festival of Lights. Last year we rode a camel! If you get a chance, I definitely recommend it.

Midwest City has a smaller but still great Christmas Display called the Holiday Light Spectacular. We love to go because its right around the corner from our home!

(Holiday Light Spectacular, Personal Photo)

Of course, you have to go see Santa! Here is my son with the Santa from Penn Square Mall. This is the same Santa from two years ago!

(Taken by Noerr Photography, rights purchased)

Ice skating is a must! I'm not sure if my mending leg is up for it yet but it's too much fun not to try. You can go indoors at the Blazer's Ice Center or head downtown to the Devon Rink!

The Devon Ice rink is part of Downtown in December which is a month long celebration in the Bricktown area. There are truly too many activities to list but it's worth checking out!

We also love to make cookies and homemade cocoa while listening to Christmas music! 

Don't forget to make a gingerbread house!

It's also a great time of year to think of others. Volunteer or donate to the City Rescue Mission. Find a child on the Angel Tree or donate gently used items to Goodwill.


I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! Thanks for a great semester and good luck with school in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment