Friday, December 11, 2015

Week 15 Review: Christmas is Coming

I'm so glad that I took some time to look at the class announcements for this week. I love all things Christmas and there are some great entries this week. I love the Santa map. I love to explore Christmas traditions from around the world and there are a few here that I am not familiar with.

Idea!!!! Someone could write a storybook from Santa's perspective. Each story could be from a different country and describe all the different things he did in each. Different clothes, gifts, means of travel. Can you imagine how exhausted he would be with all the costume changes?  Wouldn't that be a wonderful idea for a storybook? You could do it with any character that is seen in multiple cultures! You could explore different cultures and geographies all through one mythical character.

Names of Santa. This marvelous map shows the names of Santa in the different countries! See the full-sized map at Buzzfeed.



I also saw the featured storybook on Thursday. What a wonderful idea. I have it bookmarked so I can check it out next week. I'm hoping I can get my son to check it out with me!

Featured Storybook: Characters of Christmas. It's not easy being a Christmas character, as you'll learn here from the stories of Frosty, Rudolph, and Santa Claus — and even that anonymous grandma who got run over by a reindeer.


No comments:

Post a Comment