Monday, November 9, 2015

Week 11: Famous Last Words

This week is been really hectic. With a stomach bug going around the house and both my brothers birthdays this week, I've been very busy. I also have a new addition to my household. My younger sister is now living with me so now I have a two-year-old and a 17-year-old.  I also bought a brand spanking new Mac computer. So that's really exciting for me. My old computer was on it's last leg and I didn't think it would make it through the semester.

I was also able to speak with the great artist about using his work in my story book. His name is Henry David Johnson and you can check out his work here.

Yesterday I went to the Oklahoma Science Museum. I haven't been there in years and it was so much fun. I went with my husband son older brother and nephew. We read segways, climb through the odd-ity tower, and watched the planetarium show. There were so many things to do we needed a whole day. It's so much different from when I went as a grade school student. It's fun for all ages and I encourage you to check it out yourself.


(My Nephew Hayden riding a Segway, Source: Personal Photo)

This week I read Blake's story book. It's called It's Time to Learn Your Werewolf History and it's well worth the time it takes to read it. He does a really great job and the writing is beautiful. I definitely recommend it for your project feedback post.

So that was my week I hope yours was great as well and maybe a little less hectic.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Kalin!

    I always like to read the famous last words posts when I’ve already read an introduction, and this post really intrigued me! I think it’s so awesome that you went out on a limb and spoke with such a talented artist about using his work! I also ended up asking a couple different people for permission on photos for my storybook, but I definitely wou;dn’t have imagined asking someone so prominent. His drawings really are lovely, and I amorybook going to have to take a look at your storybook!

    ReplyDelete