Monday, November 16, 2015

Week 12: Review

When browsing through the class announcements, I saw the Sanskrit Word of the Day:Punch. It's the holiday season and one of the best times of the year to serve punch. I love making mulled wine, apple cider, hot toddies, hot-buttered rum, and hot chocolate during the holidays. So naturally, I was interested in the history of punch. Unfortunately, I don't think I will be making traditional punch anytime soon. The 5 ingredients in punch were originally milk, curd, butter, honey, and molasses.

Milk-okay
butter-maybe, works in hot buttered rum!
honey-good
molasses-okay

but

curd??? No thanks!

If anyone is brave enough to give this a try, please let me know how it is. Until then, I'm going to stick with something a little more familiar.


No comments:

Post a Comment