Monday, November 9, 2015

Week 11:Growth Mindset

I tried a very different strategy for writing this week. I normally type out stories and blog post on my computer but this week I decided to speak my stories into my cell phone. I've noticed that this helps me be more careful about my word choice when speaking and helps me to formulate my story in my mind before I start writing. What's great about this technique is it allows me to write anywhere that I have my phone. This has allowed me to utilize time I would not of had otherwise for this class. I hope that it has reflected well in my writing. 


(Growth mindset memes, class blogspot)



I also feel like this technique will help me with public speaking. I have a presentation this week and capstone and I get very nervous speaking in front of people and jumble my words. By practicing speaking my thoughts out loud I hope to become more comfortable speaking in front of others.
So maybe you can give this a try in your own stories. Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kalin! I have never thought to use a diction device in order to get homework accomplished for this class. So I may be borrowing this idea from you in the future! I also like the meme that you included for this growth mindset, which is of a dog learning new tricks.... yay puns :) Anyways, I am glad you tried something new and found that it helps you more than you thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Kalin, just by chance I noticed this post and that is such a cool idea!!! Thank you for sharing that. I think I need to make that a Tech Tip too so that people might give it a try. That sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete